What is the best above ground pool pad to buy? There are dozens of pool pads that you can get for your above ground swimming pool.
This article looks at the top seven products that you can find on the market today.
Top 7 Above Ground Pool Pad Reviews
The above ground pool pads in this review can provide you with the protection you desire to keep your pool liner safe. They are quality products and come from the leading brands in the industry today.
1. HydroTools by Swimline Protective Pool Ladder Mat and Pool Step Pad
One product that you should get to place under your swimming step or ladder is the Protective Pool Mat and Pad by HydroTools. It is a top-quality accessory that offers the following features:
- Protects pool liner: The accessory can protect your pool’s liner from getting torn by the pool ladder or steps. It can prolong the liner’s life while allowing you to use your favorite ladder.
- Easy to install: It is simple to install this mat and pad, and it does not float away. You can place it within minutes and start using the ladders without any worry.
- Heavy-duty vinyl: The feature acts as a barrier that keeps the liner safe from step scuffing.
- 36 inches x 36 inches pre-cut material: Another great thing is the size that provides you with up to 36×36 inches of pad and mat.
2. Blue Wave Gorilla Pad 15’
It is a blue pad that you can place under your ladder to protect your above ground pool liner. Here are some of its features:
- Up to 15 feet: The accessory can protect up to 15-foot of the liner, which is enough to place a ladder.
- Sits underneath the liner: It comfortably rests under the liner to provide the much-needed cushion when placing the steps.
- Extends liner life: The product was designed to provide your pool liner with longer life.
- Made of hard material: One unique quality is the hard material that is used to make the pad. It is hard to penetrate this product.
- Comes ready to install: The product comes cut to fit your swimming pool and is also seamed.
- Great color: The blue color can easily match your pool’s décor and make it more attractive.
3. GLI Pool Products 15 Foot Round Armor Shield Pool Floor Liner Pad
The product was developed to defend your pool liner against punctures and cuts that can occur from glass, grass, roots, and rocks. It is an excellent armor with lots of unique features:
- Cushions the floor: The accessory gives you a soft place to land thanks to its ability to cushion the floor.
- Geotextile fabric: It is a material that allows the water to pass to prevent flooding. That ensures the pad lasts longer and keeps the ladder’s bottom dry.
- Mildew and mold resistant: You can also bet it remains free of mold and mildew as it allows the water to pass freely.
- Easy to install: It allows you to place it on a sand bed or soil below the liner without any hassle.
- Affordable product: The product also gives you value for money and is among the most affordable pads in the industry.
4. HydroTools by Swimline Protective Pool Ladder Mat
Here is another product by HyrdoTools that you can get to protect your pool liner from damage. The accessory provides you with the following features:
- Acts as a cushion: The product comfortably rests between the pool liner and the ladder to act as a cushion.
- Protect your liner: It also ensures that the pool liner is free of damage due to constant ladder movement.
- Remove scratching: The pad was also developed to prevent chafing and scratching, that can make the liner look old.
- For inflatable pools: It is also a product that you can use for your inground or above ground pool.
- 9 x 36 inches: The pad provides extensive coverage that ensures the ladder remains on the mat.
5. Swimline 4ft x 4f 8in Swimming Pool Step Ladder Mat or Step Pad
You can guarantee a long life of your pool liner if you choose this pad or mat from the Swimline. It provides you with the following features:
- Protect the liner: It has been shown to protect a pool liner from the damage that can be caused by the pool steps or ladder.
- Durable vinyl material: The gear is made of a durable vinyl material that provides a more prolonged usage.
- Textured bottom: You can use the mat with freedom knowing your ladder cannot slip even when there is water.
- For above ground pool: It acts as a cushion between the liner and the above ground pool ladder.
- Removes chafing: The pad helps to eliminate chafing that can occur between the liner and the step.
- Comprehensive product: Its 4×4 feet are wide enough to allow the ladder to rest with ease.
6. Gladon 100-Feet Roll Above Ground Pool Wall Foam
It is one of the most extensive products on this review and out there, measuring up to 100 feet. The foam comes with these features:
- Smooth pool wall: It is a gear that you can install to enjoy a smooth pool wall.
- Preserve the wall: Another thing about this wall foam is the ability to prevent degradation that can puncture the liner.
- Keeps the liner safe: The model ensures you get value for your money by protecting the liner.
- Easy to install: You can easily roll the foam when installing without seeking professional assistance.
- Reputable brand: It comes from a reliable brand that is known to produce quality pool products.
- Heavy material: The material is heavy to prevent damage that can occur from puncture and chafing.
7. GLI Pool Products 12 Foot Round Armor Shield Pool Floor Liner Pad
The #7 product on our review comes from GLI Pool products and can provide you with the padding service you desire. Here are its main features:
- Defends liner: It is a product that prevents your liner from getting cut from various materials like glass, grass, roots, and rocks.
- Keeps the floor soft: Another thing of the accessory is to keep the floor soft to allow a smooth landing.
- Geotextile material: The material ensures the water passes through with ease to keep the surface dry.
- Prevents mold: It is also a product that prevents mold and mildew from developing on your pool liner.
- Easy to install: You can place the pad on a sand or soil bed with ease.
- Durable product: It is made of durable material to ensure that you get value for your money.
Above Ground Pool Pad Buying Guide
You should not just pick the first pool pad you come across. Watch out for these things:
- Your Pool Size: You want a product that can fit your swimming pool. That means measuring your swimming pool to ensure that you get a trimmed product that is seamed.
- Pool Surface: Some pads work on rocky or grassy areas while others are suited for concrete places. That can prolong the pad’s life.
- Local Climate: There are pads for wet conditions and others for dry places. Choose a product that can pass water or dry fast if the area is damp.
- Heated Pool: Some pads are designed to prevent heat loss.
- Budget: You should also consider your budget to ensure that you choose a product you can afford.
Tips for Buying Above Ground Pool Pads
Follow these tips when buying your above ground pool pad:
- A pool pad is designed to provide durability. Consider purchasing an accessory that can last for long and make the liner last longer.
- It is advisable to choose a porous product. That means it can easily pass water to reduce moisture and prevent mold and mildew development.
- Some pool pad acts as a cushion for the surface you step on when you get out of the pool. It is a feature that you should keep in mind when buying your product.
- You also need a product that you can use with ease. That means choosing a pad that you can install without seeking assistance.
- Note that the most expensive model might not work for your needs. Choose the one suited for your soil condition, climate, and pool.
How to Install Above Ground Pool Pad
An above-ground pool pad is a material that you can place under the pool liner on the ground to prolong the liner’s life. It is a robust product that is hard to tear, and you can install it within minutes.
- You need to lay it on the floor (on a sand or soil bed)
- Stretch the gear to remove all wrinkles
- Place the liner
It can help to prevent tears from the rocks, roots, glass, and ladder and steps.
You can now choose the best above ground pool pad for your swimming pool and prolong the liner’s life. The above products are made of quality materials and can last for years.