The best pool leaf vacuum can help you to deal with leaves troubling your swimming pool. It can also come in handy when collecting other debris in your pool, like twigs and other objects.
What is the best pool leaf vacuum to buy? This article looks at the top models on the market today.
Top 7 Pool Leaf Vacuum Review
The pool vacuums in this review can provide you with value for money when choosing a model for vacuuming leaves. They are:
1. Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Pool Leaf Vacuum
The first product on our review comes from Poolmaster and is the 28300 Big Sucker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum. It comes with lots of features as outlined here:
- Large profile design: The design comes with a center opening that helps to collect even the largest of leaves.
- Quick-disconnect adapter: It is a unique feature that helps to connect to all standard garden hoses.
- Powerful suction: That is possible due to the eight water nozzles located at the bottom of the vacuum.
- Large bag: The bag helps to collect a lot of trash before you need to empty it.
- Easy to maneuver: It is a product you can move around your swimming pool with ease.
2. Poolmaster 28316 Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
It is among the most convenient products you can find on the market today, and it is easy to move on a pool floor. You can enjoy its superb features that include:
- Powerful suctions: It provides up to eight water nozzles that work together to provide you with powerful suction. That helps to lift the leaves from the floor into the collecting bag.
- Fits harden hose: The product comes with a built-in easy to connect adapter that helps you to connect to a garden hose.
- Deluxe handle: It is a handle that adds durability when cleaning tough messes. The handle also makes it possible to move the vacuum with ease.
- Four wheels: They are multi-direction wheels that allow the vacuum to move in all directions without a hassle.
- Two reusable leaf bags: They collect twice the dirt and last longer than most baskets out there.
3. HydroTools by Swimline Venturi Pool Leaf Bagger
The HydroTools by Swimline Venturi Pool Leaf Bagger is a vacuum that can maintain your pool by sucking leaves and other debris. It comes with lots of great features as outlined here:
- Connect to garden hose: You do not need to spend money to get a hose to connect to your pool vacuum.
- Has a handle: It makes it easy to move the cleaner from the water when you want to empty the trash.
- Comes with wheels: The wheels add to its mobility and give you an easy time when moving it.
- Has a brush: It is a great feature that helps to remove even the stuck messes from your swimming pool floor.
- Nylon bag: The bag lasts longer compared to most collecting baskets out there.
4. Hayward W560 PoolVac Navigator Standard Leaf Canister
It is a top pool vacuum cleaner that you can use to remove leaves and other debris from your pool, spa, and other water bodies. Here are some of its significant features:
- Ruggedly built: The product is made for use by pool professionals. You can have confidence; it can take beatings without getting damaged.
- Extra-large basket: The basket ensures that you do more cleaning without worrying about emptying the trash.
- Prolongs filter system life: One great thing about this product is the ability to trap debris before it reaches your pool’s filter system.
- Superior design: The design comes in handy to ensure that the water always passes the trapped debris and reach other sections of your pool.
- Easy-open lid: It allows you to access the trash without a hassle.
5. Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Canister
Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Canister is a product that helps to collect debris and leaves before they reach your pool filter, pump, or skimmer. It helps to prolong their lives and provides these features:
- Advanced cyclonic technology: The system forms a dynamic water flow that ensures the canister remains free of impurities and debris. That means your system can never lose suction power.
- One size fits all: The product can easily connect to most suction cleaners and can work with disc-style or turbine-driven models. You also get adapters that allow for universal hose connections.
- Easy to install: Every fitting enables for easy installation to ensure that you get more time to clean your pool.
- Easy to use: Another thing is the leaf cleaner is easy to use and is lightweight.
- Never touch debris: Its strainer basket is easy to clean and comes with a handle that ensures you do not contact the trash.
6. Pool Supply Town Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
You can use the Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner to clean your pool, hot tub, fountain, and spa. It provides you with the following features:
- Universal design: It uses your pool pole to ensure that you reach all corners of your facility.
- Simple design: The simple design makes it easy to assemble without seeking professional help. That design also ensures you get an easy time when using your leaf vacuum cleaner.
- Attach to garden hose: It is another feature that helps to save money because you do not need to buy special hoses.
- Venturi effect: The effect occurs from the water pressure and allows you to clean all debris in your swimming pool.
- Easy to maintain/cleaning: You do not have to clean the vacuum regularly as it offers simple maintenance features.
7. POOLWHALE Portable Pool Vacuum Jet Underwater Cleaner
It is the perfect product for fountains, ponds, spas, and above ground swimming pools. You get a lot of exciting features from this product as seen here:
- Nylon net – The high-quality nylon net helps to collect dirt from your swimming pool. It has a retractable rope buckle that allows you to secure it.
- Assembled poles: You receive up to 48-inch poles that make it possible to reach every corner of your pool.
- Bottom brush: The bristle bottom brush removes every mess from your swimming pool. It also has two pulleys that make cleaning easier.
- Compact design: It makes it easier to use the vacuum cleaner compared to using large products.
- Saved time: The cleaner saves you time because it provides easy assembling. You do not have to seek help when putting it together.
- Attach to garden hose: That ensures you save money you would have used to purchase the connecting hose.
Pool Leaf Vacuum Buying Guide
You should consider some of these things when selecting a pool vacuum for collecting leaves and other debris.
- Price: The best product for cleaning your swimming pool might be the most affordable one on the market. There are other things you should consider, as seen below.
- Size: You need to choose the perfect size that can collect all the leaves in your swimming pool within a short time. That means knowing your pool size and amount of debris it gets every day.
- Quality: Choose a product from the leading brands in the industry today. It should also be made of quality material to provide longer life.
- Warranty: The warranty can cover different forms of defects that might arise due to manufacturing processes. You should consider a leaf vacuum with an about 12-month warranty or even more.
- Installation: You need a product that you can install without seeking professional help. It should come with a few parts that can take less than 5-minute to connect them.
- Easy to use: That can mean choosing a product with a handle that can allow easy retrieval from the water. The handle can also make it easier to move your vacuum cleaner when cleaning the pool.
How Does a Pool Leaf Vacuum Work
A pool leaf vacuum uses water pressure from a water pump or garden hose to collect leaves from the pool’s floor. The water passes via a tube that creates the suction needed for the cleaner to suck the debris.
There is no water lost as it remains in your swimming pool.
How to Use a Pool Leaf Vacuum
It is easy to use a pool leaf vacuum when you follow these steps:
- Connect the vacuum head to the telescopic pole: Attach it to a telescopic pole to give you better reach.
- Attach the vacuum head to the vacuum (garden) hose: Connect one side.
- Lower the vacuum head: Hold the pole and lower the vacuum head into your swimming pool. One end of the hose should be left out of the pool.
- Connect the other hose end to the water intake nozzle: It will supply the water needed to create suction pressure.
- Set the filter nozzles to suck water (intake mode): You can now move it around as you clean your pool.
- Disconnect when you are done
Have you found the best pool leaf vacuum for your swimming pool in the top seven reviews? If not, follow the buying guide above to ensure that you select the right model.