During summer days, nothing is more pleasurable than having a good and clean swimming pool. If you’re a potential pool owner or you own a pool already, you should know that the secret of a sparkling pool is a work of proper maintenance. But the big question is, what is the best pool vacuum head to buy? We have reviewed seven of the best-selling products in this compressive and concise guide.
Pool Vacuum Head reviews: 7 Top-rated Models
The following are list of 7 seven best-selling vacuum head on the market in 2020
1. U.S. Pool Supply Weighted Transparent Triangular Pool Vacuum Head
If you want a fantastic vacuum head that is budget-friendly, this item is an excellent option. It is a product of a well-known manufacturer (US Pool Supply), and this product is perfect for above ground pool. This vacuum head is weighted down so that it cannot float above water. The triangular design makes it easy for this unit to touch every hard to reach areas of the pool. The featured swivel head connection is compatible with 1-1/4 and 1-1/2 hose. This item has an EZ clip handle to simplify the process of attaching the pole.
- Comes with a year warranty
- Has a triangular design for easy cleaning
- Added weight to prevent floating
- Portable and compact
- Translucent design to have better of the cleaning activities
- The vacuum head doesn’t support large pools
2. Swimline HydroTools Weighted Half Moon Pool Vacuum Head
This Swimline HydroTools is one of the best-selling products in the pool industry. The featured half-moon shape enables it to be perfect for vinyl liner and fiberglass swimming pool. This model weighs 1-1/2 pounds, which is strong enough to stick to the bottom of the pool. This vacuum head comes with replaceable brushes for efficient cleaning of your pool surface without damaging it. The product supports 1.25 or 1.5 hose. Its half-moon shape also makes it comfortable for this vacuum head to clean every corner of the pool efficiently.
- Ensures spotless pool surface
- Perfect for most vacuum poles
- It does not float on the water
- The featured brushes are fragile
- Not as durable as other products
3. U.S. PoolSupply 16″ Weighted Pool Vacuum Head with Nylon Side Bristles
This product features ergonomics EZ clip buttons that protect your fingers from jammed while fixing or detaching the telescopic pole. This same model is compatible with all standard 1-1/4 size poles. This vacuum head is an ideal unit for vinyl lined swimming pools, and the head comes with double air-relief valves to ensure the excessive release of suction while traversing across the floor. The heavily weighted body touches the pool bottom, and the side bristle washes the surface while vacuum efficiently eliminates debris from every part of the pool.
- Compatible with 1-1/4 and 1-1/2 hoses
- Ideal vacuum head for vinyl lined pools
- Features EZ clip buttons for safeguarding your fingers
- The side bristle makes it difficult to trap debris
4. Hydrotools Small above Ground Pool and Spa Venturi Vacuum Head
If you’re looking for a swimming pool vacuum head with low maintenance and cost of operation, this HydroTools Venturi Vacuum head will be a worthwhile investment for you. It is easy to affix this model to every standard swimming pool pole accessory. This can be used with the featured five pieces pole. The included debris collection bag is removable and has enough capacity to accommodate large debris. This item easily hooks up to all garden hose adopting Venturi ways of vacuuming swimming pools.
- Features removable debris gathering bag
- Perfect for all kiddies pools and spas
- Includes five pieces poles
- Fits for any standard pole size
- Not an ideal product for large pools
5. FibroPool Professional & Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head
This pool cleaner is heavily weighted to stick to the bottom of the pool while cleaning quickly and effectively. This unit will suck up most of the pool waste, including different types of leaves. This professional and flexible pool suction head covers a large area to make your pool cleaning task more effective. Made with a flexible body that easily captures all the contours and the curvy regions of the pool. The durable wheels of this vacuum roll conveniently while keeping the pool surfaces free from scratches.
- Features flexible thermostatic body
- Comes with Urethane tires and metal bearings
- Has a chrome-plated metal handle
- 1.5 conventional vacuum suction port
- Does not come with brushes
- To turn may be difficult
6. U.S. Pool Supply 14″ Weighted Flexible Concrete Swimming Pool Vacuum Head
This U.S Pool Supply flexible vacuum head provides professional methods of cleaning swimming pools. This product comes with a weighted body to enable it to stay underneath the water, and the included aluminum spring pole lever enhances its ease of usage. This fantastic product is compatible with 1-1/2 and 1-1/4 hose. This item is made of durable plastic materials, and eight wheels drive to traverse across the pool and ensure efficient cleaning. This is a perfect and suitable vacuum head for algae.
- Made of high-quality plastic material
- Does not float above water
- Features wide flexible body
- Comes with durable wheels
- It is a little bit pricey
7. U.S. Pool Supply 13″ Weighted Pool Vacuum Head with EZClip Handle
This U.S. Pool Supply 13” features ergonomics EZ clip buttons that protect your fingers from being pinched while adding or detaching the telescopic pole. This item is also compatible with all standard 1-1/4 size poles. This vacuum head is an ideal product for pebble tec, and the head comes with double air-relief valves to ensure the excessive suction release while moving across the floor. The weighted body allows it to stay to the pool bottom while vacuum efficiently traps debris from every part of the pool. Works perfectly with 1-1/4 and 1-1/2 hoses.
- Removes debris from every part of the pool
- Comes with ergonomics EZ clip buttons
- Made of high-grade plastic materials
- Features swivel hose connection
- The pole is not included
Knowing the best-selling vacuum head isn’t enough, you also need to know those things you’re to look for while buying the right vacuum head. The below-listed points are what to consider while buying a pool vacuum head.
Some of the best pool vacuum heads are designed with a triangular shape. This design is highly recommended due to its broad area of coverage and the ability to touch all difficult to reach corners. In a nutshell, it simplifies the pool cleaning task. In the same vein, vacuum heads with rectangular shapes are also good on their own. But they usually feature tire treads to ease their movement. However, they may not be easier to use for cleaning the curvy part of the pool. Other vacuum heads with circular and butterfly shape are also available but don’t really ensure cleaning efficiency.
It is an excellent opportunity to buy a swimming pool vacuum head with wheels. It makes it more comfortable to move while inside the water. The wheels shape matters as well; otherwise, it may not serve the actual purpose with which you purchase it. Rectangular wheels find it very difficult to reach some hidden and curvy spots, while those vacuum heads without wheels make the pool cleaning process a bit tough.
If you think that a large vacuum head would do the job better, the problem is that if the vacuum head is too broad, this would increase the resistance and make it challenging to move in the water. This would make cleaning the pool very tough in the end. The ideal width for a suction head should be eleven or twelve inches. This makes cleaning the pool surface easier without dragging.
Most of the handles of vacuum heads are made of either plastic materials or chrome-plated metal. It is not advisable to go after any vacuum heads with stainless steel because it may become weaker when it gets rust due to excessive water exposure. A product with a plastic handle is a better option but ensures that the product is made from high-grade materials. Otherwise, it may crack easily and quickly than expected.
Before you decide to pick any product, you need to be sure of the materials durability of that product. The material must be a heavy-duty material that can withstand any mode of use. Mind you, the strength of the components contributes tremendously to its durability. High-quality materials are built to last and ensure that it cleans the pool surface gently and efficiently, unlike other products made from feeble materials.
How to Use Vacuum Head for Pool
- Connect the device to the telescopic pole to enable you to move the vacuum head around on the pool floor.
- Affix one end of your hose to your vacuum head.
- Hold that telescopic pole and lower your vacuum head to the swimming pool together with the hose and ensure that the other end of your hose is not inside the pool.
- Find the filter inlet on the pool wall.
- Insert the other end of the hose that is outside the pool to your inlet nozzle
- Turn your filter nozzle to intake mode and protect the vacuum head with the pole; you’ll find debris stuck therein.
- Disconnect your hose after you must have finished.
By now, we are hopeful and confident that you are filled with enough insights about the best swimming pool vacuum head that is more comfortable and flexible for use. This concise and comprehensive guide will direct your paths to find perfect products for your needs. All models reviewed in this guide are flexible, affordable, durable, and efficient to make your pool cleaning chore hassle-free.