Whether you own an above-ground or in-ground pool, it is important you keep it clean. There is no better way to do this than to vacuum your pool.
These processes will also help you to clean other above-ground swimming pools.
Things You Will Require
First things first – here are the things or tools you will need to vacuum your Intex pool without a skimmer, the right way.
- Pool vacuum head – These heads are made to attach to all cleaning poles. So, it is ideal to buy a head that will fit in your existing pole.
- Telescoping pole – Telescoping poles easily connects to nets, hooks, and pool skimmers, so you might have one already. Of important, ensure that it reaches the bottom of your Intex pool.
- Vacuum hose – These hoses are also made to universally fit all systems. Also, ensure that you get a long hose that will reach all corners of your pool.
- Skim vac or vacuum plate – Vacuum plate enables you to use your skimmer basket instead of strainer basket, removing the need to switch the pool pump on/off.
Vacuuming Your Pool Using a Garden Hose
One of the easiest methods of vacuuming a pool is to attach a vacuum system to the garden hose. This method is effective, inexpensive, and great for small above ground pools.
You will need to follow these easy steps when vacuuming your Intex pool using a garden hose:
- Connect your telescoping pole to your vacuum head.
- Connect one end of your garden hose to the other end of your telescopic pole.
- Connect the other end of your garden hose to the spigot.
- Attach your vacuum bag to the right end of your vacuum.
- Switch off your swimming pool filtration mechanism.
- Turn the water on and submerge your vacuum into your pool.
- Steadily and slowly move your vacuum around the pool (back and forth), along the surface to remove debris and dirt.
NOTE: If your vacuum cleaner loses suction when vacuuming your pool, pull it out and empty the bag. If it continues to be inefficient, turn off the water and then turn it on again before submerging your vacuum back into your pool.
Finally, switch on the filtration system to remove any particle that might be left in your pool.
Vacuuming Your Pool Manually
Another method of cleaning your Intex pool is to vacuum it manually. How do you go about this?
1. Prime Your Vacuum
First, prime your vacuum by removing all the air from the system. Air pockets make the vacuum lose suction – so, remove the air before you start to clean to ensure that it cleans for a longer time.
To achieve this:
- Attach your vacuum head onto your telescoping pole and drop it into the bottom of your pool surface.
- Attach the other end of your hose to a jet and leave it to push the air out of the garden hose.
You will see air bubbles coming up from your vacuum head, notifying you that the air is getting out via your hose. When there is no other bubble, the hose will be free or air and ready to start vacuuming.
2. Connect to the Pump
Your vac system works by fixing it to a skimmer system powered by the suction of your pool circulation pump. Before you attach the other end of your garden hose to the system, you should remove your pool’s strainer basket.
Then, plug the other end of the vacuum hose into the suction inlet at the base of the skimmer.
3. Vacuum Your Pool
Now you only need to move your vacuum back and forth at the surface of your pool to clean and vacuum it.
In case you lose suction, just repeat the two steps above.
Using Automatic Pool Vacuums
Owning one of the best robotic pool cleaners to deal with pool cleaning is an ideal solution. You are no longer worried about using your hands to do the tiresome work. These gears come in three types:
- Robotic Pool Cleaners – They vacuum your swimming pool using electricity. You only need to plug them into a power source, submerge them into your pool, and leave them to do the donkey’s work. Remember to empty the filter bag when it gets filled, you can easily know when it is full since some models come with an LED pool light.
- Pressure-Side Pool Cleaners – They hook up to the return line of your pool and use the water pressure to power automatic cleaner in your pool. They are great for vacuuming your pool.
- Suction-Side Pool Cleaners – This is simply an auto version of the vacuum cleaner. They work just like a manual vacuum cleaner and will get the job done within minutes.
After Vacuuming Your Intex Pool
When you have finished cleaning your swimming pool, remove your vacuum head from your pole, and drain any water that might still be in the hose. Attach your brush to this pole and use it to scrub any dirt, debris, or algae that might be stuck on your poolside.
Clear all debris from your strainer basket and give your pool filter backwash to remove all the dirt. Test for the water pH and other chemical composition. Also, clean all the tools you have used to clean your pool.
When you are done, ensure that you cover your pool. You can use a solar pool cover to prevent dirt from entering your Intex pool and also ensure that the water remains warm.
There is no easier way – maintaining a healthy and clean pool takes work, but with those few steps, you can have a professionally cleaned pool. Always ensure that you have all the tools you will require to vacuum your pool. After everything, ensure that you clean all the tools and other gears. Now you have a clean Intex pool that you can relax in during the hot summer.