Owning a personal pool cleaner will save you from hiring an outsider to help you clean your pool.
If you’re shopping for a pool cleaning machine, you must get a durable and efficient cleaner to ensure adequate maintenance of your swimming pool.
But what is the best pool leaf vacuum to buy? Do not worry about how to discover the best cleaner. Our review of seven top selling products will guide you.
Pool Vacuum reviews: 7 Top-rated Models
The following is a list of 7 best-selling pool vacuums on the market in 2020, please read on.
1. Dolphin Triton PS Automatic Robotic Pool Vacuum with Excellent Scrubbing Power
This Dolphin Triton PS is solidly nimble on steep surfaces for diligent scrubbing of both wall and waterline. This model ensures that debris and dirt don’t have anywhere to hide with its amazing filtering capabilities. It is designed to be energy-efficient and works independently without relying on a filter or pool pump to function well. This product elongates the lifespan of your pool filtration system. The machine will catch and lock-in different types of debris and dirt, leaving behind a spotless swimming pool.
- Made to deliver a deep clean
- Provides hassle-free cleaning solution
- Works independently without relying on additional items
- This product saves a lot of energy
- This cleaner finds it challenging to clean curve areas of the pool
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swiveling Cord
This Dolphin Nautilus CC Automated cleaner works perfectly in a swimming pool of about 50ft. This product cleans and keeps the pool fresh. Though it comes with exclusive features that let you plan your device’s working hours, you can adjust the schedule to be every day, every 3 days, or every other day. This is one of the most comfortable pool cleaning machines. Place this device in the pool to do the cleaning for you. This model has two powerful brushes to clean the bottom and walls of the pool.
- This item is designed to clean your pool effortlessly
- This cleaner doesn’t rely on extra equipment to work
- It saves energy with every cleaning
- Cannot capture big leaves
3. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner for Inground Pools
This Polaris Vac-Sweep is an excellent pressure-side pool vacuuming machine, suitable for any inground pools and easy to connect to the dedicated pressure line. This product effectively cleans the floor and sidewalls of all pools regardless of their shape and size. It has a superior 3-wheel design and 280 vacuums. The filter bag with ample capacity allows the cleaner to trap the debris before they get to the filter pump to ensure the filtration system’s long-term functionality. This model is powered by dual jets to provide fast and optimized vacuum power in or less than three hours.
- Features powerful debris intake
- Has a big filter bag
- Three-design to ensure efficient cleaning
- This item requires a booster pump to work
4. Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
Zodiac MX6 robotic cleaner is an energy-efficient and environmentally friendly product, suitable for swimming pools with variable speed pumps or 2-speed. Features a flow controller to minimize the water flow without altering the skimmer. The featured cyclonic suction permits it to capture all debris from the swimming pool. This product comes with a joint turbine vane to climb pool sidewalls and comfortably cleans both wall and the bottom. The featured swiveling hoses can be assembled with ease and connect swiftly.
- Comes with easy to connect swiveling hoses
- Traps debris of all sizes
- This item is environmentally friendly
- This robot cleans both floor and walls
- The model is not budget-friendly
5. Intex Auto Pool Cleaner for Above Ground Pools
This product is specially designed for every Intex pool owners to do automatic cleaning and vacuuming of the whole swimming pool ground for proper maintenance. This item features a complete 24 feet hose that is easy to affix in the pool inlet connector with 1 ½ inch or 38mm fittings. This cleaner functions well with Intex above ground pools with a flow rate of 1600 to 3500 gallons per hour. Once you buy this item, you will be delighted with its outstanding cleaning performance, especially for Intex above ground pools.
- Performs automatic cleaning of the pool
- Made from high-grade materials
- Feature hoses that can be attached to the inlet
- Comes with a user manual
- This model doesn’t work perfectly with inground pools
6. Hayward Automated Pool Cleaner W3PVS20GST Poolvergnuegen with 2-wheel Drive
This Hayward pool cleaner has 2-wheels drive for easy climbing of rough areas of the pool. This is an ideal pool cleaner for average-sized swimming pools. This model utilizes the current filter and pumps for power. The adjustable skirt and wheel treads work effectively with programmed steering for maximum coverage of the pool surface, easy sidewall climbing, and obstacle management. This product has three interchangeable throats for enhancing suction performance at a minimal flow and efficient discharge of larger debris. This item also utilizes ergonomic self-adjusting turbine blades for debris management.
- Comes with self-adjusting vanes
- Has adjustable roller skirt for optimal suction
- Made of high-quality materials
- Three interchangeable throats
- This unit may get stuck on the bottom drains
7. AIPER Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Anti-tangling Swivel Cord
This AIPER robotic cleaner does automatic pool cleaning for you instead of stressing yourself to do it. AIPER cleaner comes with robust suction, and tangling-free exclusive swivel cable to ensure optimum cleaning while you’re busy on other things. This model is lightweight that you can convey in and out of your pool without stress. This item has an anti-rollover system to prevent the machine from falling. It is easy to use, place it inside your pool, plug the device, and press the button.
- Comes with an anti-rollover system for preventing fall
- Has large top load filter
- Works suitably with pools of up to 50ft
- This product is lightweight and easy to use
- Some user complaints about the quality
It is one thing to be a pool owner, and it is another thing to ensure absolute cleanliness every time. Consider the following critical and vital points before you opt to go for any pool vacuum cleaner.
Size/Type of your Pool
Before buying a pool vacuuming machine, it is essential to determine the shape, type, and the size of your swimming pool. You need to know whether it is an inground or above ground pool, is the pool a residential (personal) or commercial (business) one. The pool cleaner to purchase must be capable of navigating through the wall when the need arises and should be able to conform to the size and shape of your pool.
The swimming pools surface differs, some pools have a rough surface, while some have tiled surfaces. Therefore, when selecting the right pool vacuuming machine for above-ground and in-ground pools, you must consider the type of your pool surface and choose a product that can work effectively on it without causing any damage.
Filtration and Cleaning Rate
The rate and cleaning cycle is the speed level at which a pool vacuum cleaner works at a given specified period. Pool vacuum cleaner high cleaning cycle and filtration rate will have outstanding and large debris storage capacities.
Cord & Hose Length
The length and width of your swimming pool should determine the required cord length of the pool vacuum cleaner you’ll purchase. A pool cleaner with a short hose may not be perfect for a broad and deep swimming pool, so ascertain your pool’s depth before you buy a cleaner. You can buy an automated robotic cleaner if you don’t like manual one.
If you are looking for a way to boycott the high electricity bill when operating your pool cleaner, it is advisable to opt for an automated robotic pool vacuum because it is energy-saving. However, some other cleaners with additional components such as booster can add unwanted increments on the energy consumption rate.
Picking the best pool leaf vacuum may be challenging, but if we consider the vacuuming functions, price, and outstanding features of some products, Dolphin, Hayward, and Intex are very comfortable to use and do not incur expensive operation cost. These models stand out amongst the top-selling products on the market. They can clean any type of pool irrespective of their size and shape. However, the one to buy depends on your specific needs, but you can procure any one of the products reviewed above.